Friday 29 June 2007

Going Domestic...


in more ways than one. I've been tidying up...my paint studio is gradually shrinking (maybe I don't need that shed after all...), and you can see the floor in my conservatory. I'm intending to work on this during the weekend, so there is a distinct halo of virtue around my head. My grannie would say to take care, in case it slips and chokes me...but hey.

The other domesticity is the beginnings of a bed quilt. I don't DO bed quilts, but this is for my son's wedding next year. My soontobe daughter in law wanted something in browns, and had a list of What Not To Include. I've tried to stick to it...honest I have... but some of those colours just err...slipped in there... as contrasts, you know. The quilt itself will be a scrap quilt, will include some of my handdyes, and will have bits of novelty cloth...you know the kind of thing. Music and books for my son, for example, who is obsessed with both. Just things to personalise the quilt for them. And of course, I hope they like it. If they don't, though, I rather hope they'll be brave enough to say so; I'd rather make them one they *do* like than have them have to tolerate one they don't.

The picture is of some of the selection of cloth I bought yesterday, which is now in the washing machine. Guess who'll be ironing this evening...sigh...

No comments: