Tuesday 26 June 2007

Dozy...


as usual, I hear you holler. Well, not quite. Travel is A Wonderful Thing, but I get really tired when I do it, or anything else that's particularly out of the usual. Tiredness is a recognised symptom of the demon depression, and I struggle with it quite a bit. So I've done the sensible thing, and taken everything out of my diary for this week, other than a meeting with my therapist, so that I can recover properly.

Recovering properly means, in my book, sitting with Mollie on my knee, or Advo, or anyone, really (not Robin, he's too heavy!). Sleeping a lot, reading a bit, catching up on the su-doku I didn't do last week (Robin kept the Times supplements for me), just generally loafing about, though I did do a bit of washing today in a fit of something or other... and, of course, talking to folks on the phone. I've come back with lots of ideas for creative work, but they'll keep until I'm sure I've got enough energy to take them forward. I used to just keep working on...and on...and on...until I dropped. I don't do that any more. It's not good for me, and it's not good for the work, either. Besides, the cats need the occasional good cuddle...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

So I'll look at this lovely, peaceful photo (Oxburgh again), and be reminded that being still is good for both body and soul...sometimes.

No comments: